S T O R Y . O V E R . E V E R Y T H I N G
Submissions to Pendance can be made on filmfreeway.com.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because Pendance's focus is primarily on story and writing, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during Pendance, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the festival with their most recent version.
Regular Deadline November 13th - $15.00
Student Fee: $5.00
Late Deadline November 31st – $25.00
Student Fee: $15.00
RULES & SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
1) Only films completed after January 1st, 2016 are eligible for the festival.
2) Pendance Film Festival only accepts films under 15 minutes of length. If your film is over 15 minutes, it will be automatically disqualified.
3) PRIORITY is given to Toronto premieres.
4) FEE WAIVERS and DISCOUNT CODES will be granted only in rare cases of financial need. Please email us.
5) STUDENT FEES are only for current film school students or filmmakers who made films while enrolled in film school. In order to qualify for a student fee, please be sure to upload a clear copy of a student ID on the attachments section of your filmmaker profile.
6) Please do not change the screener link address or password of your submission. If you do, please notify us immediately or you risk your film not being previewed and thus considered for the festival.
7. Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English. We prefer subtitles be burned into the submission copy.
8. In the event that your film is selected to play at Pendance, we will request one of the following formats; DCP, Apple ProRes, BluRay. We prefer DCP.
9. FEE WAIVERS for Festival Shorts; Pendance Film Festival will outright waive submission fees for any short film that has screened at the following festivals; Sundance, Austin, Tribeca, Raindance, Austin, Berlin, Cannes, Venice or Slamdance. If your film has screneed at one of these festivals, please email us and submit under "Festival Shorts" after receiving your waiver code.
10. Each submission will be watched at a minimum once, and all selected filmmakers will be notified of their inclusion in the festival no later than November 30th, 2017.
11. All submission fees are non-refundable. If your film does not fit our submission guidelines, it will be disqualified.
12. Press Kits are requested, but not required. Trailers are however required. If your film is selected, and a trailer is not available, Pendance will on your behalf create a clip no longer than 45 seconds for promotional purposes only.
13. Filmmakers are encouraged to attend the festival. If you’re selected and intend to attend the event, please get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can arrange for complimentary passes and gala tickets. Each selected filmmaker is entitled 2 free passes, and 50% off for up to a maximum of 10 screening passes.